Well, that took a while, didn't it? (There is a reason the totem for this weblog is a sloth.) Without going into the gory details, I'll just say that an otherwise-valuable system upgrade back in May broke Movable Type. After learning more than I ever wanted to know about NFS, SQL, PHP, and similar TLAs, I concluded that it should never have worked in the first place. So I put fixing this weblog at the top of my list of things to do, and ignored it for several months. Then, a few weekends ago, I got up at six a.m. and started writing Perl to convert everything over to Blosxom. (It's amazing what can be accomplished with the combination of the meta and interpolate_fancy plugins and Apache's URL re-writing engine.) Everything should work now, and look pretty much the same, except that the RSS feed has moved to http://bactra.org/weblog/index.rss, and trackback, sadly, is dead. Do let me know if anything else is broken.
The regular service of self-indulgent geekery, ill-considered political ravings and over-long, under-informed pontification will now resume.
Posted at August 10, 2004 17:08 | permanent link