"Some Things Statisticians Do at Google" (Next Week at the Statistics Seminar)
Attention conservation notice: Of no use to you unless
(1) you want to know what statisticians do at search-engine companies
and (2) you are in Pittsburgh.
- Mike Meyer, "Some Things Statisticians Do at Google"
- Abstract: I'll talk about a number of projects at Google where statisticians
have made a large contribution. There will not be a lot of technical
details. In some cases I will just describe the problem.
- The major example will be a description of the statistical and
engineering infrastructure to support live traffic experiments
- A common theme of the problems is the importance of understanding
basic statistical principles that can be applied and modified to
handle new data and new circumstances.
- Place and time: Monday, 16 November at 4 pm, in Doherty Hall
As always, the talk is free and open to the public.
Enigmas of Chance
Posted at November 13, 2009 15:09 | permanent link