Confucius and Confucianism03 Oct 1994 12:00
Western views over time. Absence from current popular and semi-popular views of east Asian thought.
- Confucius, Analects, trans. Arthur Waley.
- H. G. Creel, Confucius and the Chinese Way
- John B. Henderson, The Construction of Orthodoxy and Heresy: Neo-Confucian, Islamic, Jewish, and Early Christian Patterns
- Joseph Needham, Science and Civilization in China, vol. II
- To read:
- John H. Berthrong, Transformations of the Confucian Way [Blurb]
- Sachiko Murata, William C. Chittick and Tu Weiming, The Sage Learning of Liu Zhi: Islamic Thought in Confucian Terms [blurb]
- Yuri Pines, Foundations of Confucian Thought: Intellectual Life in the Chunqiu Period, 722-453 B.C.E
- Kwong-Loi Shun and David Wong (eds.), Confucian Ethics: A Comparative Study of Self, Autonomy and Community [Blurb]
- Xinzhong Yao, An Introduction to Confucianism [Blurb]