Sung Dynasty China23 Aug 2019 20:55
With glances towards the T'ang and the Yuan
- Mark Elvin, The Pattern of the Chinese Past
- William H. McNeill, The Pursuit of Power: Technology, Armed Force and Society since A.D. 1000
- To read:
- Patricia Buckley Ebrey, The Inner Quarters: Marriage and the Lives of Chinese Women in the Sung Period
- Jacques Gernet, Daily Life in China on the Eve of the Mongol Invasion, 1250--1276
- Robert Hymes and Conrad Schirokauer (eds.), Ordering the World: Approaches to State and Society in Sung Dynasty China
- Dieter Kuhn, The Age of Confucian Rule: The Song Transformation of China
- James J. Y. Liu, Major Lyricists of the Northern Sung: 960--1126 A.D.
- James T. C. Liu, China Turning Inward: Intellectual-Political Changes in the Early Twelfth Century
- Tanigawa Michio, Medieval Chinese Society and the Local "Community"
- Kidder Smith, Peter K. Bol, Joseph A. Adler and Don J. Wyatt, Sung Dynasty Uses of the I Ching
- Pauline Yu (ed.), Voices of the Song Lyric in China